At Family Dental Centre, we care about our patients and want to make sure we are available to help you with any emergency dentistry issues you may be experiencing.
In our practice, we consider any situation in which you are experiencing pain or discomfort as a dental emergency and should be treated as such.
Pain from a sudden or a lingering toothache, a fractured or knocked-out tooth, or an accident that involves the teeth and/or jaw should be treated by your dentist immediately.
At Family Dental Centre, we reserve time in our daily schedule for dental emergencies and will accommodate both existing patients and those that are unable to see their regular dentist promptly. We will provide you with assistance over the phone and advise you on how to remain as comfortable as possible until you can be seen by one of our dentists.
The Following Are The Most Common Reasons For patients To Call Our Dental office Number:
• Have you had a tooth knocked out?
• Do you have a chipped, cracked or broken tooth?
• Have you bitten your lip or tongue?
• Do you have a loose tooth
• Are you experiencing an infection or do you have an abscessed tooth or gums?
• Are you suffering a toothache?
• Do you have a loose restoration, such as a dental crown, filling or bridge?
• Have you recently had dental work done and are now experiencing pain or discomfort?
Preventing Dental Emergencies
The best way to prevent dental emergencies from occurring is to see your Family Dentist regularly for dental exams. This may be the most important preventative action you can take. During your dental exam, our Dentists check for signs of weakened teeth, loosened or aging restorations and early signs of inflammation that would indicate the presence of infection and the possibility of periodontal disease.
Another important preventative action you can take to avoid dental emergencies is to wear a properly fitting mouth guard while playing contact sports. Research has shown that a large percentage of dental injuries are sports related. Wearing a properly fitting mouth guard can prevent many of these injuries.